Re: Photocopying money

"Robert J. Woodhead" <[email protected]> wrote:

In Japan they do.  Some banks recently got scammed by people putting
photocopied Y10,000 ($100) bills into changers at the banks (getting
10 Y1,000 in return).  They've now done a ROM upgrade on the machines.

Hmm... I wonder how many free cokes I could get with that method... hehe :)

There used to be a vending machine here where you could push 2 different
buttons at the same time and get two sodas for the price of one.  When I
lived in California, there was a pay phone where you could dial an 800
number and then dial another number and it would charge you as if you
were still connected to the 800 number (free calls!!!)  Oh man... some
vending machine companies overlook the most obvious things...  I guess
it can happen to anybody (remember identify #9 and get 1000000 ep? :)

Hmm... what does this have to do with cryptography?