a desperate plea

please do not fill my mailbox with argument in the form `criminal
behavior [y] exists or is widespread, therefore similar practice [x] is ok'

please do not say `forgeries are hard to prevent, therefore no one
should even attempt it'

please do not say `the only systems for identity tracking amount to
government oppression'

please do not talk about some depraved person with multiple personality
disorder as a way of describing Utopia.

most of all, do not pollute the Constitution with your lies:

>The freedom to communicate in any way whatsoever, including
>"pseudospoofing", is a Constitutional guarantee and part of the
>foundation of this society.

the Constitution specifically prohibits `high treason'. Or are we now
against the Constitution? It's hard to keep track lately.

[Pseudospoofing]
>This is a fundemental paradigm shift that you have not made yet.  It is one
>that few have.  If anything, it is shared conceptual memes such as this
>subject of identity in a world without substance that is the true
>cypherpunk cause.

oh, what depravity and moral blackness. Evil promoted as `a fundamental
paradigm shift', a `conceptual meme'. Helleluja.

many cypherpunks have so utterly deluded themselves, they believe they
have invented a new kind of society that is completely free of
accountability, while they leech the fruits of one where that
accountability was hard-won by many sacrifices of our forefathers. I
urge you to live in your `society'. You will get the chance, I assure
you! `actions have consequences, even in cypherspace.'

* * *

Let me ask a question of the `cypherpunks' opposed to identity tracking
in any form. A major aspect of catching vicious criminals is being able
to link up their multiple crimes. It is absolutely essential for
crimefighting. I could point to some examples using credit scams or
drug dealing or whatever, but the hard core Cypherpunks would probably
just grin with evil pleasure. So--

An excellent case is Ted Bundy. Ted Bundy would be the Cypherpunk
Poster Boy for Pseudospoofing. `Medusa' is correct in saying our new
societies allow and encourage this kind of anonymity. He slipped and
danced between cities and murdered young women in the most grisly and
heinous fashions. He lied at *every* stage of the way, perhaps even at
the end when he blamed his utter depravity on exposure to pornography.

Part of the difficulty in catching him in the end was his total mastery
of the techniques that have a striking similarity to what the
Cypherpunks promote -- hidden credit, deception, disguise,
impersonation, etc. He was a man who was so treacherous, he would truly
not `stop at anything'. I'm sure he weaved such a majestic and
convoluted `web of lies,' PRZ & the Cypherpunks would be proud. In the
end, one of the final critical incriminating pieces of evidence used in
court to convict him, and prevent further murders, was the bite marks
he had savagely embedded in the buttocks of one of his victims, which
matched his own jaw. It took something like 4 police to hold him down
to make the cast, he squirmed and writhed with such force and desperation.

Cypherpunks, look at yourselves in the mirror. See what you are
becoming and promoting. Look at the logical extent of your ideas. Could
*any* society truly function without any identity or accountability
whatsoever? The cypherpunk `agenda' has become so closely
indistinguishable with raw criminality and evil it horrifies me. Oh,
how it nauseates me. Perhaps many of you will fill my mailbox with new
letters defending Ted Bundy and asserting that the only problem was
that he didn't `spawn' a new set of teeth. Perhaps you look forward to
the day you can spawn some of your own Ted Bundys, and be so clever
you'd *never* be caught. Perhaps you already have the young lady
victims in mind. The ones that betrayed you by thinking you were too
strange too date, huh? Perhaps the only problem was that these young
ladies are just too damn *trusting*?

`that which cannot be enforced should not be prohibited'. Like murder?

* * *

Another question for all the bastard apologists and moral relativists.
Are you fundamentally opposed to me having the choice of screening
phantom identities in my personal mailbox? Many of your arguments
suggest that not only do you wish to make sure you can be anonymous,
but you wish to ensure that other people must support and sponsor your
anonymity. As for screening, very soon these capabilities will probably
exist, based on birth certificate databases etc. that are accessable
over the internet. Oh, my kingdom for this capability.

But you will infect and poison these databases with your forgeries and
lies, won't you? That is the fundamental cypherpunk agenda: wherever
accountability or identity is in place, do everything possible to
*evade* and *sabotage* it. Not only should there be *passive*
anonymity, but there should also be *active* deception. You not only
want to swing your fist, you want to batter my face -- with a phantom
bludgeon. I'll never know what hit me! Oh, what utter joy! To not only
be evil, but to get away with it! You hate Democracy and
`egalitarianism' not because they are unfair, but because they are the
closest thing to honesty and fairness we humans have ever discovered,
and in them *you* would *lose*, because the `perverted majority' of
society is *not* in favor of being murdered and raped without consequence.

And you will tear and wreck those fragile developing efforts and
schemes for identification and accountability, no matter how basic or
feeble, with the most insidious treachery. You will subscribe to the
mailing lists where the development is going on, you will infiltrate
the development groups, you will assault the honest, polite, and
courteous ladies and gentlemen with poisonous and acidic email and
posts, you will twist your knife into the baby in the crib, and you
will stick dynamite sticks up the nostrils of anyone who says, `well,
gosh, guys, just hold on a minute here!' ...

Oh, how you are thriving on the Internet. Either the parasite or the
host will die soon, of at least that I am sure. I pray to God that
Cyberspace survives.

P.S. Ask all your revered fiction authors like Gibson and Sterling
et.al. what they would think of your grotesque perversions. Be sure to
explain it in *your* terms of `true and pure anonymity.' `a fundamental
paradigm shift? sure, sounds great! right out of one of my own stories.'