Re: My Key

Hugh,

I agree with most of what you say. However, my point was,
that say someone wants to become Wonderer (I mean, it's
great being me, who wouldn't want to?), they could forge
a message as coming from me and include a public key. From
them on, they would be wonderer, and it would be more
believable than if I sent the messages myself. They could
prove they were me better than I could.

My point was that if someone sent me private mail, and I
responded with my public key, that would be much less
likely to be a forgery.

However, I will concede. Here's my public key, and after
this one, I'll sign my messages. If anyone wants confirmation
of my public key, or wants to sign it for me let me know.
However, since there is no certificate, I probably wouldn't
sign your key under the same circumstances, so it's up to
you.

The problem I have with public key cryptography is that
it is easy for an imposter to publish a public key and
get people to believe that it is valid.

Wonderer

To find out more about the anon service, send mail to [email protected].
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to [email protected].