Re: Some possible projects/topics for CypherPunks

: > 1. HARDWARE:  What about building our own machines?  This is the Vinge-ian
: >    crypto-anarchy theme ultimately.  We should be able to produce our own
: >    technology,  and not depend on the merchantile/government-mandated
: >    economic system/monopolies.
: >
: >    I see this as being very important to the oceania/autopia/technomad
: >    ideas and projects of creating ocean-going free societies.

I agree.  Altho we'd probably want to build our own boards, we'd have to
rely on commercially availiable integrated circuits and other
components.  The components we'd need are fairly easy to obtain, and I
don't see any reason to believe that we will have difficulty obtaining
computer components to build a secret network in the future.  Oceania
will probably become a major source of electronic privacy technologies,
but that's still several years in the future.

: >    Or is anyone interested in starting a parallel list of sorts for the
: >    hardware-punks?  'ware-punks?  :-)  or perhaps an even better name

Yes.  Who can host the mailing list?