Re: Public and private.

[email protected] writes:
> But of COURSE the government has a right to know how much money you
> make -    It OWNS you;

I prefer to think of myself as a shareholder in our government.  Not that it
is an entity unto itself and that I am "owned" by it.  This may be a little
self-deluding, but it lets me sleep nights.

As to the gov't tracking every penny that I earn, the only alternative to an
income tax is an extremly high sales tax.  This is extremely unfair to those
on the lower end of the wage scale.

                                              G.C.G.