Mostly offline digicash

Nick asks:
> Why haven't people backed away from credit cards despite $10's of billions
> in fraud?

A very good question.  The reason is largely because it's a very profitable
business *for the card merchants* (banks, mostly).  They get their
percentage no matter what, and losses don't eat into it all that much.

I agree with much of what Nick says, but I think we have to consider ways to
help make digicash pay for its own implementation and enforcement, or it
will not take hold.

--Alan Wexelblat, Reality Hacker, Author, and Cyberspace Bard
Media Lab - Advanced Human Interface Group	[email protected]
Voice: 617-258-9168, Pager: 617-945-1842	PUBLIC KEY available by request
Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational.