MATH: new number

And now for something completely relevant:

  Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written
  From: [email protected] (Dave Berry)
  Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1993 19:15:59 GMT

  >   It was mentioned on CNN that the new prime number discovered
  >   recently is four times bigger then the previous record.
  >                               -- John Blasik

     Mathematicians at Cambridge University announced today that they have
     discovered a new whole number between 27 and 28.  "We don't know much
     about its properties", said a spokesman, "but it is causing lots of
     bother in equations.  However, we do know that it's divisible by 6 -
     but only once".
                                  -- "On the hour", BBC Radio.