Re: Should we oppose the Data Superhighway/NII?

[email protected] said:
>I think Doug believes that demand for bandwidth due to new
>technologies (image, higher definition audio, etc etc) will grow
>faster than the ability to provide more bandwidth.  Perhaps, but I
>don't envision running out of aggregate bandwidth in my lifetime. You
>can put a lot of optical fibers in a very small space.

I only ask that you remember my bizarre prediction over the next decade.

I believe that history will vindicate me. The problem is that history
has vindicated me a number of times in the last 15 years, but no one
remembers by the time that the future rolls around.

Clearly I'm not taking the right approach even now, given that.
I'll keep working on it.
	Doug