Re: Should we oppose the Data Superhighway/NII?

RE "killing route 666," my primary objection is that there seems to be very
little emphasis on increasing access at the grassroots level; the way things
are going it will be 500 channels of commercial TV with "interactive"
limited to Home Shopping and other trivial bullshit.  I'm all in favor of
common carrier status, guaranteed access for all, etc; but the current
govt and private proposals & general moves like Bell/TCI, seem to miss the
mark widely.

-gg