Mounting a "Secure" filesystem in UNIX

In article <[email protected]> [email protected] writes:
 >         I was wondering if it was possible to mount a "secure"
 > filesystem/partition using Linux or some other free version of UNIX,
 > so that it's inaccessible if logged in remotely, but accessibly when
 > logged in locally.
 >         That way I can store my PGP secret key on the "secure"
 > filesystem, and keep telnetd enabled.
 >
 >         Any thoughts?

I think the best you can do is to create a secure chroot subshell which
anyone logging in anywhere but from the console gets put into.

[When I wrote such a shell as an experiment, I found it very difficult
to do properly when the system had multiple partitions - I could only
get it to work on a machine that had a single pack.  So if you're starting
from scratch, my suggestion is to use netbsd and start off with your
entire disk on a single partition - don't have the traditional small
root partition.  If you get that far I have some code I can mail you.]

Personal mail to [email protected] (I read it in the evenings)
Business mail to [email protected] (Be careful with the spelling!)
Faxes to An Teallach Limited: +44 31 662 4678  Voice: +44 31 668 1550 x212