REMAIL: Cypherpunks Anonymous Remailer Installation

	Finally, after a few months of slacking off, I've finally
gotten this remailer installation thing cleaned up to release it.

	I'll be throwing this in /pub/cypherpunks/incoming on
soda.berkeley.edu.

	   The Cypherpunks Anonymous Remailer Installation
			     Version 1.0
		       Installer: Sameer Parekh
Remailer: Eric Hughes & Hal Finney, with minor modifications by Sameer Parekh
- -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

	This is the Cypherpunks Anonymous Remailer Installation Suite
Version 1.0. By simply running the script "install_remail" included in
the archive, you can very easily install a cypherpunks anonymous
remailer service in almost any UNIX account.

	The anonymous remailer uses the .forward file to pipe all mail
to the remailer system. If mail to the remailer account is not acted
upon by the remailer software, it lands in the standard mailbox of the
account.
	First on the TODO list is to make it so that non-remailer mail
is acted upon in a fashion which allows an alternate .forward file
operation.

	To install: gunzip and untar the archive:

% gunzip RemailInstall.tar.gz
% tar xfv RemailInstall.tar

	execute the remail_install program:

% remail_install

	answer all the questions.

	The program automatically self-tests, and mails me a notice
saying that the remailer is in operation. I plan on writing a system
which will wait one week after receiving the notice, after which your
remailer will be pinged. If the ping is received, your remailer will
be added to my list of active remailers, updated and posted weekly to
the cypherpunks list. (Not yet operable, but the installation script
still sends a notice.)

	Remember that running a remailer is a sensitive issue on the
net. If you choose to run a remailer, keep in mind that some powerful
net-personalities object to anonymous remailers, endangering your
access to the internet.

	Stay free,
Sameer
[email protected]