Re: The Religion of the Cypherpunks

Go away and leave us alone, Mr. Detweiler. I am losing my patience.
I use to think you had something to contribute; I used to think that it
was cool that someone from my hometown was on the list; I used to
think you were kind of funny. This stopped about the time you (quite
seriously, and in some detail) compared me to Darth Vader... I convinced
you I wasn't the "Hydra", so I was just a seducing minion.

You have become major pest, you have done more than anyone else to
disrupt this list and make it next to impossible for real work to get
done on it (including work that would help mitigate problems of the
kind you believe your "enemies" are perpetrating on you.)

You persist in baiting the less-restrained members of the list with your
antaigonistic, paranoid, policial/social rants, which have accomplished
nothing producive, except to sap the energy of people who would otherwise
be writing code, engaging in PR for our cause, educating one another, and
working towards a consensus or at least an honest delineation of where
we disagree as mature individuals (rather than characterizing folks as evil
spawn of darkness).

Note that your postmaster, when I contacted him, made it clear that he
had instructed you to stop doing whatever it was you were doing that
was upsetting people so much. If anything, you have gotten worse; you
have turned this thing into a nonsensical, paranoid, one-man jihad against
cypherpunks on a variety of *other* lists, while continuing your activities
on this one.

I intend to go beyond your postmaster on the next try, to various former
classmates and old friends of mine who are computation center employees,
faculty, and administration members at CSU now.  Unless, of course, you
cut this shit out and leave us alone, or at least go back on whatever
medication you were taking before you went from a mildly annoying over-
eager wannabe to a full-fledged psychopath.

Doug

--
Douglas Barnes            [email protected]            /  \