Re: Should we oppose the Data Superhighway/NII?

Doug Merritt says:
> My point in saying this is that you're speaking as if current day video
> standards are some kind of ultimate load on information transmission,

No, not at all (although limits to quality are in striking range -- CD
audio is as good as human ears can hear, and 24 bits of color is
actually overkill for the discrimination capacity of the human eye). I
merely mention "thousands of video channels" because people are used
to the bandwidth requirements of conventional video so it gives them a
sense of scale.

Perry