Re: Tech: Truth about Canon Copiers (fwd)

> > It copied the side with the dead white guy fine. We flipped it over
> > and copied the other side. It printed a deeply altered image.
> > /hawk
> >
> > --
> > Harry S. Hawk  -  Extropian
> >                                                         [email protected]
>
>     This is interesting.  Since most of the change-making machines in
> laundromats seem to use the side with the dead white guy, I wonder if it
> would work to use this copy?
> ----Dave REes ([email protected])

Change-making machines also do a test to see if the ink used to print the
money is magnetic (on real money it is magnetic, however copier toner is
not), as well as shine a UV light to see if the paper glows (most
chemically whitened paper glows under UV light, but U.S. currency paper
does not).

If you use non-chemically whitened paper and put MICR (magnetic) toner
into the copier, you can VERY EASILY fool the change machines.  Trust me
on this one :)

Thug