PC Based One-Time Pad

In article <[email protected]>
           [email protected] "Ken B Kirksey" writes:
 > While I was reading though _Applied Cryptography_ last night, a thought
 > struck me (no damage):  Why hasn't anyone come up with a good Mac or PC based
 > One-Time Pad system.

Because they're trivial to write.  I could do one in less that 15 minutes.

 > It seems like this would be a fairly easy system to implement, but since
 > no one (to my knowledge) has yet done so, there must be something I'm
 > missing. :-)

Because very few people can be bothered driving half way across the
country to deliver the OTPs.  It's *way* too much hassle for day to
day use of the kind we use pgp for.  And if someone *is* doing it
for real security (like say AT&T shipping around their secure phone
circuit diagrams because they don't trust clipper :-) ) then they're
*not* going to be mentioning it in passing on usenet news groups...

PS No, you *don't* send them in the mail.  But you knew that, right?
--
Personal mail to [email protected] (I read it in the evenings)
Business mail to [email protected] (Be careful with the spelling!)