Re: Remailers: Turnaround Times?

Coerr asks about turnaround times for the remailers.  Karl Barrus posts
a list of remailers approximately every month.  On that list he shows
which remailers have high-speed, continuous connections to the internet
and which have intermittent connections which introduce larger than normal
delays.  In my experience, the direct-connected remailers generally respond
within a minute or two.  The other ones introduce delays ranging from an
hour or so up to overnight.  A good test is to send a "ping" (remail to self)
message to each remailer and see how quickly responses arrive.  In my
experience, the extropia remailer tends to take a few hours, while the rebma
remailer is usually a day or sometimes longer.  I don't have recent values
for the others.

Hal Finney
[email protected]