Re: Web of Trust: A Proposal

Well this may be quixotic, but I sent this message off to Detweiler today:

(As a note to folx I am vouching for, I promise not release any information
above and beyond simple verification of existance.)

>To:"L. Detweiler" <[email protected]>
>From:[email protected] (Geoff Dale)
>Subject:Re: Web of Trust: A Proposal
>
>Well, the accusations of pseudo-spoofing have upset me.
>
>I'm not personally overly concerned about fictitious identities, but the
>accusations of non-existance that have hit people that I know personally have
>been worrisome. Using fake identities for fraudelent purposes is, btw, against
>my personal code of ethics.
>
>Since you don't know me from Adam, I offer a credential: A friend of mine says
>he went to college with you, Steve Klingsporn <[email protected]>. He can
>vouch
>for me as a true name. He also knows Nick Szabo.
>
>I can personally vouch for E.Hughes, Tim May, Nick Szabo, Arthur Abraham, and
>have briefly met Jamie Dinkelacker. These are all TRUE NAMES. I met ALL of
>these people outside of the CA cypunks meetings (I have attended a few of
>those
>as well), in places it would be ridiculous to assume they were perpetrating
>any >kind of fraud.
>
>I don't expect this to change your view on these people's politics or opinions
>but maybe we can put the pseudo-spoofing thing to rest.
>
>I hope this helps.
>
>If there other CA cypherpunks you are unsure of their existance: Make a list,
>and I'll happily vouch for those I've met.

Geoff Dale    -- insert standard disclaimers here --    [email protected]
        "Life is a sexually transmitted terminal disease."
                        - Peter McWilliams