Re: Cryptosplit 2.0

Brad Huntting writes:
 > If I remember coorectly it's KerberosV uses an MD5 hash of /dev/mem.
 >
 > Still, probably not 128 bits worth of entropy.

Gee, that seems pretty amazing.  On a typical workstation, there's a
heck of a lot going on; in the megabytes of data in /dev/mem I'd think
it quite unlikely that there's a practical way to predict or recreate
a configuration.

Then again, I could be wrong.  I also wonder how, if the above is
true, one can really get 128 bits of entropy from keyboard timing
(especially from a small number of keypresses).

--
Mike McNally : [email protected] : Day Laborer : Tivoli Systems : Austin, TX
Remember that all experimentation does not produce extrapolated results.