Re: The Cure

>It craves fame.  It resents what it perceives to be the fame of the
>better-known members of this list to be.  It is jealous of that fame,
>and wants some for itself.  It is sick and ugly, small and unintelligent,
>resentful of its underdeveloped brain and the fact that everyone he looks
>up to instantly recognizes his stupidity.  And now it has found a way to get
>those very people to acknowledge it, discuss it, feel threatened by it.
>It is used to rejection, so the endless repeats of it mean nothing.  And
>then even less in the face of the warm glow at the center of the
>Cypherpunks collective attention.
>
>This is the first and the last word I'll ever write about about it.
>If we all did that, it would go away.
>
>Coerr

REALLY excellently stated! Great analysis of the nature of the problem.
Thank you, do you mind if I quote this to others?

Alas, though, I can not from long and bitter experience agree with you
about the solution. In the real world  physical verbal/facial expressions
of disapproval and disdain might rapidly rid the group of the problem
person, but in cyberspace, such traditional cultural prods are
non-existent. The aberrant user KNOWS he faces no meaningful penalties or
censure and thus has no inducement not to continue his chaotic ways. I do
feel that in addition to the observations you made above, that such people
often take sheer perverse delight in the mere poisoning of the creativity
of the group being creatively atrophic themselves.