Re: Graynet

Matt Ghio writes:
> Oh, wow, such info!

That's why I called it "Graynet" instead of "Blacknet"... not
exactly Stealth bomber plans or protected witness True Names
for sale here.  The interesting part is how (s)he structured the
advertising (anon ID server) and payment (check or money order
by P.O. Box).  All sorts of controversial services (porn, gambling,
mail order contraband, etc.) might be structured this way, as long as they
are legal or at least widely tolerated in the jurisdiction of the
mail drop.

I wonder how many folks will trust new anon services.  If they
don't, is it easy to go from a traceable business to an anon
business, taking the business's reputation with it?   If so,
we may see controversial net-based services such as pirate software
and porn BBS's "activate the cloaking device" upon being threatened, or
when desiring to advertise blatantly and in volume on the Internet.

Nick Szabo				[email protected]