Re: Escobar and Cellular Ph0n3z

Notes on Escobar:

*) Tom Clancy's next-to-last novel, _Clear and Present Danger_ describes
a secret drug interdiction mission run by the US Government. It is a
novel, but he is well-known for getting many of the details right. The
important de-ja-vu is that in the novel, the agents used a "box" that
allowed them to recognize the voices of the various druglords no matter
which phone line they used. This box would scan all of the cellular
channels.

*) I believe that Escobar called some radio station to complain about
some story about him. The call was traced. Perhaps by mundane, Dragnet-era
techniques. (I'm not sure about this point. Any confirmation?)