Re: USENET on a tape, and future privacy

From - Nate Sammons:

"My concern is that it is becoming more and more common for people to
"grow up" on the net, many people I know of started quite young, and a
determined opponent (as I'll call the snooper) could, concieveably
search your entire posting history."

Indeed, just from reading the postings to this and the extropians list
for a few weeks, now, my neurological system has become impressed with
info on one particular person such that I now know:

his employment history & when he retired
his present entrepreneural activities
and other present interests & pursuits
that he has wide feet
which are his buddies on the two lists
which are the women on the other list who typically disagree with him
that the Energizer Rabbit (LD) considers him an enemy
that he's up late, sending out posts at 2:00 a.m.
some of his opinions on gender
some of his opinions on women
how he deals with argumentive conflicts
I think someone mentioned he has beard
(and it's possible I could get a dot-matrix print out of his image)
where in the world he lives
his past awards for a scientific discovery
what kind of tub he bathes in

And this is just from memory, I haven't intended to develop a file, but
delete most messages once I have read them.
Pretty good, for just browsing   :>)

Blanc