Re: Cypherpunks-related Cartoons

Here are a couple of software-related cartoons.  They don't directly
relate to things Cypherpunk, but Cypherpunks may still find them humorous.

The origin of the first one is lost in the mist of time.  My copy is a
n-th generation photocopy of a photocopy.  It goes like this:

A woman and two children are standing beside a fresh grave site.  It is
pouring rain and they are huddled under an umbrella.  A man standing next
to them asks..."I know this may be an awkward time, but do you recall him
ever mentioning source code?"

The second cartoon is by Scott Adams and is dated 9-8-1992.  It was
distributed by United Feature Syndicate, Inc.  I don't remember were I got
my copy.  It goes like this:

[Three older-looking geeky engineer types are sitting at a table,
presumably taking their lunch break.]

Geek #1:   When I started programming, we didn't have any of these sissy
"Icons" and "Windows".  All we had were zeros and ones -- and sometimes we
didn't even have ones.  I wrote an entire database program using only
zeros.

Geek #2    You had zeros?  We had to use the letter "O".

[email protected]