THE GLORIOUS 1000 YEAR CRYPTOANARCHIST REICH

T.C.May, the second-in-command Cryptoanarchist behind His Holy Eminence
E.Hughes, shares his views on pornography distribution, tax evasion,
black marketeering, the overthrow of governments, and world domination
of the CryptoAnarchist Reich for the next millenium. S.Boxx, noted
Cryptoanarchist interpreter, translates.

> Some of us believe various forms of strong cryptography will cause the
> power of the state to decline, perhaps even collapse fairly abruptly.
> We believe the expansion into cyberspace, with secure communications,
> digital money, anonymity and pseudonymity, and other crypto-mediated
> interactions, will profoundly change the nature of economies and
> social interactions.

We are working fervently to destroy all world governments so that
they will collapse as soon as possible. We believe that cyberspace,
with its techniques of sabotage and subterfuge, black cash, invisible
and fake identities, and other perversions, will profoundly increase
our transition toward World Domination and the Glorious Millenium of
the Cryptoanarchist Reich.

> Governments will have a hard time collecting taxes, regulating the
> behavior of individuals and corporations (small ones at least), and
> generally coercing folks when it can't even tell what _continent_
> folks are on!

Refuse to pay your taxes as I do! It is just another incremental step
in completely paralyzing our government systems. We shall soon be
free of the oppression of criminals, black marketeering, and our
newly fledgling Cyberspatial Mafia.

>The "crypto phase change" is the transition to wide use of private
>communications to conduct business, to arrange deals, to meet other
>people, and so on. I contrast it with the idea of a "singularity," so
>often associated with nanotechnology (cf. Vinge, Stiegler, et. al.),
>because nothing is ever truly a "singularity." Discontinuities, yes.
>Phase changes, yes. Singularities, in the sense of infinite spikes,
>no.

The `crypto phase change' (another hypnotic term that sounds respectable
but masks our black criminality) will help us lie, cheat, and steal from
those who are stupid enough to cross our path. I contrast this with
famous science fiction and science literature I really know nothing about
to gain respectability among professionals, academics, scientists, and
the general public. Our criminal aims really have nothing to do with
the literature we promote. We also like to pretend that there is nothing
inherently apocalyptic about our aims.

>Crypto and related cyberspace methods have the potential for causing a
>fairly rapid transition to a new sort of society. Just as printing
>presses did. Just as radio, television, and new media did.

We shall fuel the revolution with the blood of traitors. Anyone who
stands in our way will be liquidated for our Glorious Utopia. Just
as others were suppressed and trampled for their beliefs with the
introduction of printing presses. Just like War of the Worlds, the
televising of the great horrors of our time, and the `new media'
which we seek to corrupt and pollute with our lies. We have already
infiltrated Wired and NYT. Let us continue our march!

>And this phase change could involve--likely _will_ involve--many
>people, perhaps the majority of the population in America and Europe,
>at the least.

Every criminal, terrorist, and spy in the world shall rejoice.

>- people hear about widespread tax evasion by crypto-anarchists, and
>they get interested (for various reasons, including jealousy, anger,
>greed, desire for freedom). "Crypto lasing."

So far, we have not been caught for our tax evasion, and are continuing
to grow in our power. We are far more clever than Al Capone and will
never be caught.

>- consultants discover they can consult on projects from other
>countries, from jurisdictions that might ban their invovlement if they
>knew about it, and so on.

Criminals discover they can erect illegitimate enterprises in foreign
countries and completely evade the local laws and any measures erected
to prevent criminality.

>- the "permanent tourists" in the world-spanning economy.

The tramps and the homeless, and the predators and psychopaths who move
from city to city anonymously and stealthily never to be caught, like
Ted Bundy.

>- black markets in credit information, dossiers, insurance fraud
>cases, medical malpractice, etc.

We will sell all kinds of information that will help with blackmail
and extortion. In fact, that was the main purpose of my pet
Cryptoanarchist project, Blacknet.

>A simple example that will reach many people: You're thinking of
>hiring a lawyer. Under U.S. law, records of "bad lawyers" are hard for
>outsiders to keep, to gain access to, etc.  The Bar Associations,
>like the American Medical Association, like other officially
>sanctioned "guilds," prefers to keep outsiders in the dark. So what
>happens when "Reputations R Us" sets up shop in cypherspace--or, more
>mundanely, on an island in the Caribbean that has no such laws? What
>happens when for the price of an offshore phone call or Net query the
>parochial and paternalistic U.S. laws can be trivially bypassed? It'll
>be a whole new world.

Suppose you are deluded enough to think that lawyers are legitimate.
All laws will be superfluous in the future, but I can gain some
respectability by talking about this. Imagine that we can keep secret
information that societies repress because of it's extremely damaging
effect on people's reputations. We can build up structures that will
slander people without them knowing it. A strong market in `surreptitious
and unauthorized reputation information' will grow and we intend to be
in the middle of it. The parochial and paternalistic U.S. is soon going
to wither away amidst the CryptoAnarchist Revolution.

>Ditto for gambling, escrow services to hold money (think of the
>reduction in violence when "reputable" digital banks will hold the
>drugs _and_ the money), information markets, private investigation
>services, rent deadbeat records, and credit records that include _all_
>creditor information (not just the last 7 years, and not just the
>"allowable" items...how dare anyone infringe my right to take into
>account records more than 7 years old?!).

We are about to set up our own Medellin Cartel specializing in gambling,
money laundering, blackmail, privacy invasion, and credit record pilfering
that enclude the *most* sensitive information of *everyone*, except
ourselves! Imagine the glorious revolution in criminality when we
can suddenly lie, cheat, and steal without consequence! All the
criminals will live together in glorious harmony, as mob justice and
hired assassins will flourish.

>(For those worried about tracing the calls, about sting operations,
>etc., that's where digital mixes (remailers) come in and where prepaid
>"coupons" ("The holder of this number is entitled to one database
>query") come in. Even short of full-blown Chaumian digital money, a
>lot can be done. Prepaid digital coupons, or digital postage of a
>sort, can be used to make these off-shore--or in cypherspace, a la the
>"BlackNet" demonstration I did a few months back, and written about in
>"Wired"--markets liquid and profitable.)

For those worried about getting caught, or a backlash among honest
citizens, that's where our subterfuges and camouflages come in. Even
short of Chaumian protocols, which actually are legitimate and require
some sacrifice in privacy (therefore they are not acceptable) can be
used to promote a criminal agenda, like the BlackNet demonstration I
am quite proud of!

>Like a seed crystal dropped in a supersaturated solution, crypto could
>trigger a phase change of immmense proportions. (The metaphor is
>slightly awkward, as I see the crypto phase change _increasing_ the
>number of degrees of freedom, as in the transition from a solid to a
>liquid to a gas.)

Like a few whispered rumors and shrieking shouts that propagate through
a crowd to create a riot, I see the Glorious Cryptoanarchist Reich
approaching at light speed. Eric Hughes and I will be the next Hitler,
nay, we shall surpass him!

>The "Oceania" project, in contrast, tends _not_ to produce this kind
>of phase change. Joe Nextdoor may eventually start using data havens
>and crypto tax evasion schemes, but he's not at all likely to
>volunteer to man the oars on a floating barge.

Someone else is working on a project that is actually respectable and
that we have been unable to infiltrate and poison. For now we will
tolerate them but soon we will completely sabotage and destroy them.

>(I don't mean to defame the Oceania project. Just my sense of humor.)

The Oceania project is black slime. It must be stopped at any cost.
(Insert evil laugh here).

>Ocean-going colonies have not appeared, even by corporations and
>states, for whatever reasons, so the onus is on the oceanauts to
>explain just what is out there that is so valuable (that can't be done
>by ordinary boats and ships that fish, mine for manganese nodules, do
>oceanographic research, etc.).

Translators note: this statement is completely meaningless. It is
similar to the English idiom `you know'.

>Merely seeking freedom is probably not enough. Gambling, prostitution,
>and easy access to drugs and other hedonistic delights may be enough,
>but I've seen nothing to indicate this type of "Love Boat" is being
>planned. Just the dreamy ideas about self-sufficiency. A commune by
>another name. A floating "Hog Farm," with anarchocapitalist ideology
>replacing Thoreau and Marx.

Merely seeking criminality is not enough. Gambling, prostitution,
and easy access to drugs and other hedonistic delights will be enough
for many of you, and you have done well in being brainwashed by me
and working to achieve it. However, I will not be satisfied with
anything less than World Domination, with me as the head dictator.
In fact, at precisely the right moment I am going to kill Eric Hughes.

>In any case, Oceania-type projects, even if moderately successful (and
>not just the rusting pontoons I predicted in an earlier posting), are
>very unlikely to trigger a phase change such as the one I see for crypto.

Long live the Cryptoanarchist Reich. We shall not be stopped by anyone.

>This is why I am currently placing my faith in strong crypto and am so
>active in the Cypherpunks group. That's one place where the Revolution
>_will_ be televised.

The Cypherpunks are my stepping stone to complete world domination. I
will cast them aside when they have stopped serving my purpose. The
Revolution will be bloody, and I have a front row seat at the Guillotine.
In fact, I will be wearing the black mask!

>--Tim May

Satan

>Timothy C. May         | Crypto Anarchy: encryption, digital money,
>[email protected]       | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
>408-688-5409           | knowledge, reputations, information markets,
>W.A.S.T.E.: Aptos, CA  | black markets, collapse of governments.
>Higher Power: 2^756839 | Public Key: PGP and MailSafe available.
>Note: I put time and money into writing this posting. I hope you enjoy it.

Satan                  | Crypto Anarchy: camouflage, black marketeering,
[email protected]       | invisible terrorism, fake identities, secrecy
408-688-5409           | of knowledge, blackmail, espionage,
S.L.I.M.E: Hell        | crime, overthrow of governments, death to all.
Higher Power: Me       | Public Key: PGP and MailSafe available.
Note: I am mindraping virgins with evil brainwashing. I hope you succumb.

To find out more about the anon service, send mail to [email protected].
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to [email protected].