Re: anonymous video rental store

I can state with some certainty that most libraries will not reveal their
check out records. Several years ago the FBI went around to several college
and city libraries and asked for copies so they could track 'suspicous'
people. As far as I am aware every library refused on the grounds that what a
person reads is nobodys business but their own. Apparently the FBI (and
presumably other agencies) would have to go to a judge with some kind of
probably cause and request a court order.

The engineering library at UT Austin used to have it under the glass at the
check out desk.