_The Hacker Crackdown_ on-line

Excuse the repost, but this is interesting stuff.

From: [email protected] (Carl M Kadie)
Subject: _The Hacker Crackdown_ on-line
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 1994 20:40:43 GMT

The short of it:

To access Bruce Sterling's _The hacker crackdown: law and disorder on
the electronic frontier_, try

   gopher -p1/Publications/authors/Sterling/hc gopher.well.sf.ca.us 70

The long of it:

I've directed followup to this article to comp.org.eff.talk.

I found _The Hacker Crackdown_ with the CAF/WELL whatsnew server
(gopher gopher.eff.org 5070).

You can access the book via email. For details, send email to
[email protected].  Include the line:
 send acad-freedom/admin access

The electronic version of the book is being released as "literary
freeware".

Here is the library entry for the paper version of the book.

     Sterling, Bruce.
     The hacker crackdown : law and disorder on the electronic frontier
/ Bruce Sterling. New York : Bantam Books, c1992.
     xiv, 328 p. ; 24 cm.
     Includes index.
     Published simultaneously in the United States and Canada.
     ISBN  055308058X : $$23.00 ($$28.00 Can.)
       1. Computer crimes--United States.   2. Programming (Electronic
computers)--Corrupt practices.   3. Telephone--United States--Corrupt
practices.  I. Title.
     ocm25-914955

- Carl
--
Carl Kadie -- I do not represent any organization; this is just me.
 = [email protected] =