Skepticism on the Detweiler Conspiracy Claims

Detweiler says we don't understand that `all that is required for the spread
of evil is for good people to do nothing'

Understand it?  Yes.  Believe it completely, or even believe that it applies
here?  No.

May's beliefs that pseudo-spoofing can lead to monetary and governmental
anarchy have little connection in reality, despite the writings of Bruce
Sterling and Vernor Vinge.  In that context, May's pseudo-spoofing is little
more than childish play-acting.

In any event, we need far more evidence to come to light before Occam's
razor can even be applied.

``in other words, `entertain me some more, detweiler. I don't believe you
yet, but maybe, just maybe, you will find something that convinces me.
for now, I simply don't give a damn either way, and most of all I am
not going to post, even though there are some things I would like to
post on, because I am a sheep like the rest of humanity, and while
these people could be dangerous lunatics out for revenge on anyone who
posts, how could these highly respectable people be behind a conspiracy?''

Take out everything above before "I don't..." and after "...not going to post", and
you're close.  You're right, they could be dangerous lunatics out for revenge
on anyone who posts.  So could you.  Are they respectable?  Who knows?  Who
cares, given that their sphere of influence is so incredibly small?

Convince me.  I'm a fairly hard-core skeptic -- I don't believe *anything*
until I can weigh the facts on both sides.  You've told me that Geoff Dale
sent you mail implying that Nick Szabo was *not* his roommate, but something
tells me that you believed Szabo wasn't real long before that.  Why?  What led
you to that conclusion.

Posting the evidence would help convince other skeptics, especially if it's
concrete enough.

``Death is the ultimate form of censorship.'' (author unknown)

Jim Riverman
Software Engineer
[email protected]
(415) 941-4782 [work]

To find out more about this anonymous remail service, send mail to
[email protected] with the word "remail help" as the only words in the
subject field.