Re: clipper pin-compatible chip/plug&play

Actually, even if the clipper chip is limited to 10 bytes plus a 3 byte
checksum of sort, even if it's 10 bits it doesn't matter.

What you'd plug in the socket could have it's own CPU, and key
database, or even a plug in keypad of sorts to type in whatever key
you want.  You don't necessarily have to use the clipper requested
key.  A key of all 1's or 0's would be great, infact, it would be better
than great, it would be an indicator that the key is elsewhere, etc.

This plug in chip could have extra pins which don't plug into the
clipper chip socket, but rather go to another board layer which would
keep a database of encrypted keys and some way to access those keys with
a passphrase.

(I'm typing this in from work where all I have is some rather $#itty
term software, so please forgive my typos, etc.)