Anonymous remailers

I have a question for all the 'punks who are running remailers.

I've noticed that most of you run the remailers from your accounts at
various colleges & universities.  I want to know what kinds of reactions
you got from the system administrators.  Did they ask lots of questions,
give you a hard time about it, or not care?  (or do they not know?)  Has
anyone been forced to shut down their remailer?  I know some guys got
hit with a lot of flack over some pgp keyservers, has anything similiar
happened with the remailer system?

Also, if I was to try running a remailer, would I need my own machine,
or is there some way I could get the school's computers to run the
remailer for me?  or does it vary by system?