Re: 2-way anonymous via SASE

Hal Finney writes:
> From: "Jon 'Iain' Boone" <[email protected]>
> >   So, you use a chain of anonymous-id's to set up your return-path?
>
> Unfortunately, return-paths are not exactly the strong point of the
> current cypherpunks remailers :-).  That is what much of the discussion
> in this thread has discussed: how to best allow for convenient but secure
> return paths.

Yeah; the only solutions I've seen so far either give you some persistence,
like anon.penet.fi, or no replies, or have generally been pretty ugly,
requiring rapidly-increasing numbers of messages to set up chains
of anonymous IDs, or use broadcast, like the Blacknet "post to Usenet"
or DCnets.  AIR-MAIL may be a start.
It seems to need something that supports a small but >1 number of replies
to make a non-ugly system, which means either some kind of Time-To-Live or
destruct messages from one or both ends need to be supported.

		Bill