Re: archiving on inet

Kirk Sheppard asks

>Finally what is the tangible difference between storing usenet postings
>on a hard disk for an indefinite time, or on a cd-rom, or a cd that is
>re-writable, or tape or any other storage device? Not very much I would
>argue.

I don't believe that _storage_ is the issue at all.  If I purchase a copy
of a book, I don't believe that I'm violating copyright by making an
archival copy of it _for_ _my_ _own_ _use_.

If I start distributing or selling copies to other people, however, that's
a different matter.

--
Lefty ([email protected])