Re: SASE Suggestion

Lance Cottrell writes:

> I have been meditating on this problem of return
> addresses, and have a proposal. The remailers
> can not be allowed to choose the return path,
> as any corrupted remailer will corrupt the rest
> of the path.

As I understand it, the remailers don't "chose" the return path, Bob (the
sender of the original message) choses the return path when he creates the
SASE.  All the remailers do is interpret the part of the SASE that becomes
readable to them after decrypting the SASE portion sent to them from the
previous hop.  If all is working, what becomes readable is the address of
the next hop (closer to Bob) and some misc other stuff (postage, maybe,
and perhaps another encryption key).

Am I not understanding something correctly?

[email protected]