Re: Atlantis Project/Oceania

writes Matthew J Ghio:

>profitable venture, but getting a high bandwidth net connection in the
>middle of the ocean would increase startup costs.  Telecom, electricity,

Well, a satellite dish can transfer around 100MB (megaBytes, not bits)
per second.  I'm not too sure how much this kind of link costs, but I
would also assume that the Oceania people aren't going to go without a
network conection to start.

-nate

| Nate Sammons <[email protected]> <[email protected]>  |
|      Colorado State University Computer Visualization Laboratory      |
|    Data Visualization/Interrogation, Modeling, Animation, Rendering   |