MD5

I know this is an old question and has a simple answer, but I want to
use MD5 and need to know if the algorithm is exporatble without any
special permissions.  I am assuming the answer is yes, but would like
some reassurance...

I'm using for message digesting, and it does *not* need to be
crypto-secure.  If you know of other algorithms that might be
cheap and also have good bit scattering characteristics, please
let me know.  (As it is, MD5 runs at >10k lines per second for the
files I'm scanning; I need to do many, many runs of it over smaller
subsections, so the faster, the better.)

Thanks in advance for help on this,

Paul E. Baclace
[email protected]
[email protected]