Re: Clipper and Traffic Analysis

"rudy (r.) rawlins" says:
> > Normally, one can only determine the endpoints of a conversation. With
> > clipper, however, one can deduce a lot more, since when people move
> > around, go to hotels, phone booths, etc, you can still track their
> > clipper serial numbers.
> >
> > Perry
> >

> Maybe we are missing something here, when people move around if they
> simply use their hotels phones, phone booths, et al, how can one track
> their clipper serial number? Unless there is a personal Clipper serial
> number? I do not see any extra info being garnered from Clipper phones,
> just less.

Perhaps this is not obvious to others, so I'll be more explicity. If
you use a clipper phone at home, the cops can determine your serial
number by tapping your line. Then, if you take your phone with you
(the little portable AT&T "bump in a cord" is designed for this)
everywhere you go you are signaling where you are.

Perry