Re: ITAR vs. Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange?

> Full Kerberos, with DES, *is* available outside the US.  The US allows
> export of cryptographic *binaries* for authentication purposes.  For
> example, it is possible to get DECathena, which contains Kerberos with
> DES, which is compatible with MIT Kerberos.  It even contains
> libraries, but not the functions to encrypt data for privacy, just
> enough to create checksummed messages.  Its just that the SOURCE code
> is not available, but it is fairly simple to generate an exportable
> binary suite.
>
> I doubt DH is exportable, since it is key exchange, which in general
> is not exportable.  Jim, care to comment?
>
> Yes, there is a version of RSAREF w/ DH included (I have a beta-test
> version, although I haven't played with it a lot).  I don't know when
> this will be released to the world.

Where can I get a copy of this, or just the patches to patch RSAREF?  Or
even D-H itself would be nice - I'd like to hack together an encrypted
telnet/rlogin suite for use when I'm on the road, so I can get into my
system at the house from the laptop and not have to worry about someone
snarfing my login/password combo...

I've got RSAREF, BTW ... haven't looked at it much, though...
--
Ed Carp, N7EKG			[email protected]		510/659-9560

"What's the sense of trying hard to find your dreams without someone to share
it with, tell me, what does it mean?"        -- Whitney Houston, "Run To You"