Re: The Difficulty of Source Level Blocking

> [Usenet] is broken in the larger sense that Eric mentioned: costs
> are not incurred by posters. This is not just a problem with
> remailers, but with the growing numbers of "Make.Money.Fast" and
> "Allah is Coming!" sorts of posts. Think about it.

Be carefull of what you wish for,  we have plenty of systems where
the costs for information are incured by the ones that produce and
diseminate it.  I for one will fight long and hard to insure that
usenet stays free and does not sink into the same myopic sluge pit
that corporate press wades through.

It's very importaint that usenet be free for anyone to post.  It's
also becoming nessesary to have good noise filters on the readers
end.

brad