Disinformation

Jim Miller wrote:
The idea of a disinformation campaign to oppose Clipper really bothers me.
Isn't the true about Clipper damning enough?  Lying about Clipper seems like
moral and ethical surrender.  I agree that lying can produce favorable results,

but I'm not willing to stoop to that level.  If the anti-Clipper people (and I
count myself one of them) can't defeat Clipper with the truth, this tells me
the world is so fucked up it deserves Clipper and Capstone in every machine on.

I feel that in the present situation with the Clipper chip, the ends justifies t
he means.  If Clipper is widely implemented it will affect the development of th
e "Information Super Highway" for years to come.  What Jim Miller sayts about ly
ing about Clipper is true.  But, what if that is the only way to open peoples eyes?  Any means neccesary is the ONLY way to a victory in this case.  you can't truly believe that the government is inly going to implement Clipper on a "voluntary" basis?
Reuben Halper
-Anger is a gift- Rage against the machine/Freedom
P.S.  Did anyone read the article in Covert action a couple months back on Clipper, it was very well done.