Re: Proposal: Another emergency session of Cypherpunks

On Sat, 26 Feb 1994, Timothy C. May wrote:

> to discuss policy in the aftermath of the double whammy announcements
> of Tessera/Clipper II and the new and even more dangerous Digital
> Telephony Bill.

	I agree, these are very umm, I dont want to be discouraging and a
downer, but basically they really pissed me off, and makes me wonder what
the hell makes this nation different from the stereotypical communist
nation.  ACK, makes me so mad, i mena the nerve of these poeple, oh
well....what can I do to help?

> It'd also be nice if some of the outlying groups (Cambridge, MA,
> Washington, D.C., London, Colorado, Austin) could link up with us at
> least briefly. (If we started at noon, California time, that would be
> fine for the East Coasters, but 8 or 9 p.m. for the Londoners....does
> the London group still meet?)

	how do you propose us here onthe east coast hook up?  I
	would think a virtual meeting would be nice, but dont
	know any of the logistics which such an operation.  I
	personally can't travel, and a the best could uh, make a
	long distance telephone call with my neato boxes.  Is
	there anyone in the Deleware area?  Kinda near D.C. and
	cambridge, but traveling to either of those places would
	be difficult, as in near impossible, unless........

> This is just an idea. Let's discuss it.
>

> --Tim May
>
> --
> Timothy C. May         | Crypto Anarchy: encryption, digital money,
> [email protected]       | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
> 408-688-5409           | knowledge, reputations, information markets,
> W.A.S.T.E.: Aptos, CA  | black markets, collapse of governments.
> Higher Power: 2^859433 | Public Key: PGP and MailSafe available.
> "National borders are just speed bumps on the information superhighway."

	You're eqipped with a hundred billion nueron brain, that's
	wired and fired, and it's a reality generating device, but
	you've got too do it.  Free youself  ----Tim Leary----