I have FOIA'd the Clipper Key Escrow databases

Should John's FOIA request for the clipper key database work, it
creates a wonderful hole in the entire key custody system.

It would require a legislative act to plug the hole.

This is extremely significant, since the whole clipper strategy is
based on unchecked and unbalanced actions by the executive branch.  No
laws were passed to create clipper and no judicial review has taken
place.

John's request will be denied, no doubt, and will go to court.  Should
he prevail in court, the executive branch is bound by that decision.
A key custody database which was public would make the system insecure
and unusable.  The executive branch could not change this.  Only the
legislature could.

Now, how many legislators do you know that are going to make a public
record by voting in favor of Big Brother?

We are witnessing the genius of framers of the USA Constitution here,
folks.

Eric