Re: Dorothy Denning

Dr. Denning is a secure systems (OS and databases)
research from SRI. Her background is in
capability-based OS (her advisor was MUTICS designer Peter Denning,
whom she married) and inference of private data from
statistical data bases. Her work is interesting and potentially
contributes to our privacy, but has little direct connection to
cryptanalysis. Phil's objection seems quite reasonable.

I recall a profile of the Dr's Denning in one of the
popular cracker/phreax exposes, (maybe in Markov/Hafner?)

Andy