Re: Clipper and Entrapment!

Jonathan Scott Mallin wrote:

>I am not saying that I believe this argument.. it is, however, one that
>can be made.

No, it isn't.  Entrapment isn't simply a matter of law enforcement
having something to do with a crime.  In order to use entrapment as a
defense you would have to prove that the cops went to extraordinary
measures to get you to commit a crime that you wouldn't have committed
anyway.  You'd have to prove that you had no tendency towards the type
of crime and/or that you wouldn't have had opportunity to commit it.

--
____
\bi/     Richard Powers