Re: standard for stegonography?

I wrote:
>offset, wrap-around, bit schedules

Actually, that interface is way too complicated and still not that
secure.  How about if the user just specifies a seed for a random
number generator.  Then that generator is used to make a *permutation*
of the bit locations in the image, and the file's bits are stored in
the permuted order.  And look, this hides the file-length longword and
any fixed file header real well, by spreading them through the image.

Now I just have to find a simple but robust RNG that I can include
in pbmplus, and some code to generate a permutation of a specified
size.

I'm not going to have ITAR problems with this, am I?  RNGs are still
legal to export?

Oh, and to answer the original question: no standard.  If this idea works,
it's clearly better than existing stego systems at hiding the data; that's
more important than interoperability.
---
Jef