low-overhead encrypted telnet

>	   I don't, but I would question the wisdom of putting lots of
>effort into a telnet encryption scheme.  I would think it would be
>much more productive to build an encryption scheme at the network
>level

The reason that encrypted telnet is a good thing is that modification
at the network level requires kernel modification, and encrypting a
telnet does not.  Installing an encrypted telnet daemon does require
sysadmin cooperation, but it doesn't mean recompiling the kernel.

As such, encrypted telnet is a good intermediate while the long term
solution of encrypted IP gets developed and deployed.

Eric