Laziness?

>Why announce to the world that I read
>cypherpunks if I don't have to?

This is one reason that we have not disable the 'who' command on the
toad.com majordomo server.  If you want the public not to know you're
on the cypherpunks list, get and use an alias.

>Point taken; but if you receive unencrypted mail on a multi-user
>system, you're likely deluding yourself about its security as well.

There are two issues here.  I don't mind reading most mail on a shared
machine, but I'm sure as hell not going to let my private key inside
its RAM.

Eric