Re: PGP (surprise, surprise..)

[email protected] says:

>Greetings,
>
>     Could anyone tell me, is it true that PGP 2.3 was watered down to
>appease the RSA folks?  If so, would it be a better idea to use 2.2?  Thanks.

Completely untrue.  I can assure you that RSA was no more appeased by 2.3
than by 2.2, though there is now of course a truly legal version in
ViaCrypt PGP.  Source code for the guerilla-ware versions is as always
available for your inspection, and you're free to compile it yourself.  You
should use the latest one, period (I believe it's currently 2.3a for MS-DOS
and UNIX; MacPGP is 2.3).

   --Dave.

--
Dave Mandl