ID Chips...

As I understand it there was a proposal to install such chips in children
to prevent kidnapping and such last year in Congress (don't remember if it
was House or Senate).

I question the validity of the chips use, seems to me that tatooing the ear
of the pet and placing this in a database would be much more efficient and a
LOT less expensive. It would not require the vet to buy any special equipment
or buy access to special databases. Also, what about small towns and rural
communities w/ insufficient tax base to purchase the equipment for general
use by the community?

I can see it now, a black van w/ tinted windows rolls slowly down your street
interrogating all the pet transponders determining who lives where and then
comparing this w/ the official records of residence... When you take this in
concert w/ real-time (or even small delay) financial record searches, the loss
of freedom of speech, limitations on assembly, criminalization of crypto, etc.
you are building a realy spooky scenario...

I think I would prefer to have my cat or dog tatood instead of transpondered.