2nd CJ update

From: Phil Karn <[email protected]> writes:

 > (the State letter mentions comments from the Department of Defense,
 > which is always a code phrase for the NSA in such situations).

 > PS. Does anybody consider it odd that someone from the NSA would
 > actually identify themselves as such?

Maybe the agency is getting less paranoid now that it is more publicly
known.  Back in the early '80s, everyone working there used to say only
that they worked for the Department of Defense.  I also recall that they
used to get quite upset if you called someone's phone inside the agency
and said the words "National Security Agency" while talking to them.  They
answered their phones by simply saying "Hello" and gave no other
identifying information.

Now they probably have a public relations department. :)

--
     Mike Duvos         $    PGP 2.3a Public Key available    $
     [email protected]     $    via Finger.                      $