Re: "ordinary public"

James Hicks says:
> > Well, if "Time readers" aren't the ordinary public, then I give up.
>
> This reminds me...Several years ago I head a quote attributed to
> Nelson Rockefeller (then Gov. of NY) at a meeting where he said something
> like "Take your average American making around $75,000 a year..."

Time readers are not ordinary Americans in so far as they can
generally read.

More seriously, its true that the average Time reader is probably far
better educated than the average American. However, "Time" is hardly
some deep highbrow publication. Time is just a half notch over
People. It bears the same resemblance to a real news source that
Velveeta bears to cheese.

In any case, the individuals in question were not Time readers; it was
just a random sample poll commissioned by Time and CNN.

Perry