Re: Locating Color Copiers

Excerpts from internet.cypherpunks: 18-Mar-94 Re: Locating Color Copiers
 by [email protected]
> Additionally, it's only possible to photocopy $1, $5 and $10 because anything
> larger than that has that funny little strip of plastic in the bill.

Actually, they have strips on the tens, too.

Re: passing bills
Okay, so the 10's and 20's have little mylar strips on them.
You can't copy old bills, because they get wrinkles, and, anyway, if
someone handed me a crisp, new 1983 $20 I'd get a bit suspicious. There
are ways to age bills, but they look a lot less convincing.
However....
What night manager at Denny's knows about the strips. How many times
have you seen someone at your local convience store check for the strip
when you hand them a $20. If you travel a lot, and never use counterfiet
bills for transactions where your name is recorded, you can do lots with
counterfiet money.
True, though, if you wanted to sell suitcases of it for $3 per twenty
dollar bill (I just guessed at the price), you may have a problem.

Not a crook,
Jer

[email protected] | "it's not a matter of rights  / it's just a matter of war
 finger for Geek |  don't have a reason to fight / they never had one before"
   Code, PGP Key |                                    -Ministry, "Hero"